Monday 8 October 2012

North East - Lazin' On A Sunny Afternoon - Tynemouth

It was such a gorgeous day here in the North East yesterday that I decided lounging around the house (my usual Sunday MO) was just not an option! I've been wanting to visit Tynemouth Market for weeks and with all the lovely autumn sunshine, yesterday seemed like the perfect time for a trip to the seaside!
This was my first visit to Tynemouth and I wasn't disappointed! Located at the mouth of the river Tyne (obviously) and about 6 miles from Newcastle city centre, Tynemouth is small but perfectly formed!


Dominated by the 11th century Priory and Castle, Tynemouth is full of lovely little bars and cafes and offers some unique shopping, 'Raspberry Bazaar' is an Aladdin's cave of kitsch worth checking out! If kitsch is your thing then the weekly weekend market at Tynemouth Station is definitely for you! With a mix of stalls from vintage clothing, arts and crafts to car boot and food and drink, there's a bargain for everyone! Although tempted by a vintage mink fur stole I managed to limit myself to a stick of Sarsaparilla - my favourite!

For more info about Tynemouth Market visit http://www.tynemouthmarkets.com/market-info/

For info about Raspberry Bazaar visit http://www.razzberrybazaar.co.uk/

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment