Monday 15 October 2012

Brocade Shorts, Beautiful Lipsticks and Blakes Coffee House, Newcastle.

Do you ever have those days when you have nothing much to do but doing nothing seems like waste? I do and on such days I invariably end up shopping, its sort of my default activity. Yesterday was just such a day and so I decided on a trip to Newcastle for a little cheeky shopping with my lovely friend Amy-Lea. Here are a few of the things I treated myself to,one day I'll learn just to browse...
I'm in love with this seasons trend for all things Gothic and glam and so when I spotted these gorgeous high-waisted brocade shorts in Topshop I couldn't resist! The party season is very nearly upon us after all! Brocade Shorts, £30, Topshop.
I've had my eye on MAC's lipstick in Rebel for a while now, ever since I saw the lovely YouTube Beauty Guru Tanya Burr sporting it in one of her Monthly Favourites videos (did I mention I love her!) Although not for the faint hearted, Rebel is the perfect grown-up, berry-red Autumn/Winter colour! Rebel Satin Finish Lipstick, £14, MAC Cosmetics.
Spending money really take it out of you and so Miss Amy and I headed to Blakes Coffee House on Grey Street for a little post-shopping Afternoon tea. Although Amy had been before, this was my first visit to Blakes. This little coffee house with its miss-matched chairs and tables has bags of rustic charm, although in my opinion a few squashy sofas or armchairs would add to the cosy factor! Blakes has a lovely selection of what looked like home-made sandwiches, quiches and cakes and an extensive breakfast menu served till 2pm, I've been reliably informed by Amy-Lea that the American Pancakes, Bacon and Maple Syrup is out of this world! They also have a great range of coffee and loose-leaf teas, always a winner in my book! I opted for a pot of Earl Grey and a Toasted Teacake, which came to just less than £5. Definitely one to add to my list of Newcastle haunts! Find Blakes Coffee House at 53 Grey Street,  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE1 6EE.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment