Thursday 27 September 2012

Old Friends, Autumn Boots and Anna Karenina

Have you ever noticed how its always your oldest and dearest friends that you spend the least time with? At least it is for me! So last night, with a little get together long of due, my oldest friend (who just happens to be the lovely Hannah of Raspberry Kitsch-fame) and I decided that a trip to the cinema (and a good old gossip) was required! This seemed the perfect inaugural occasion for my latest Topshop purchase, a gorgeous pair of heeled ankle boots, perfect the oncoming Autumn weather!
As fans of a good costume drama, we opted to see the latest adaptation of Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, staring Keira Knightly and Jude Law (sporting some very un-sexy hair).
   I'm not going to lie, Anna Karenina isn't the best film you'll see this year, basically its depressing in a way only great Russian literature can be! However this movie is lavishly and beautifully filmed and the costumes are outrageously gorgeous! In fact, the picture above makes me want to hunt out Mama C's vintage furs and wait for Winter to arrive...if only I had the diamonds too!

Topshop MIGHTY Black Leather Zip Boots, £45. Available from http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=5934280&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208544&parent_categoryId=208492&pageSize=20

L
Xx

2 comments:

  1. n'aww what a sweetie! I really like those boots, I forgot to tell you at the time!

    Russian lit does all seem so dark! Not really surprising but I do feel really inspired to read Anna Karenina now.. I have a copy of Dr Zhivago so maybe that will be first!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll, I was also enjoying your boots too! :)

      I think its all the Siberian snow that contributes to the lack of happy endings, I love Dr Zhivago, although I've only seen the film so I may have to steal the book after you if you think its worth a read!

      Xx

      Delete