Monday 10 September 2012

Cardigans, Catch ups and Caramel Shortbread

With the stress of dissertation finally behind me I'm at last able to attend to my much-neglected social life and enjoy catching up with some equally neglected friends! Today I met my lovely friend Ciara for a cuppa and cake catch up in Newcastle's Cafe Royal.
I'll admit I'm a bit of a cafe snob (I do work in pretty much the best cafe in Sunderland after all!) but Cafe Royal never disappoints and is by far my favourite cafe in Newcastle! I love love love this place! The decor is chic and understated, all white walls, lovely one-off prints and dark leather banquettes.The staff are super friendly and service is prompt without making you feel rushed, we stayed till closing time but there was no pressure to leave! The cafe menu (there's also a lovely bistro upstairs) is extensive, offering the usual array of teas and coffees, plus smoothies and freshly-squeezed juices, a range of hot and cold sandwiches and a positively mind-boggling and doubtless waist-expanding selection of cakes, scones and pastries. Today I was torn between the Pear and Chocolate Frangipane Tart and the individual Apple and Blackberry Upside-down Cakes but in the end went for my usual - one of the out-of-this-world Caramel Shortbreads!  Along with a pot of Earl Grey tea this came to just under £6, so not greasy-spoon prices but not the Ritz either! 
Cafe Royal, 8 Nelson Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne  NE1 5AW, open Monday - Saturday 8am till 6pm. 
I also popped into Urban Outfitters while I was in Newcastle and fell in love with these lovely woolies! Perfect for Autumn, plus they were in the sale! Yay!

From top: Pins and Needles Ivory, Black and Green Over-sized Cardigan, was £48, now £20. Sparkle and Fade Fine knit Cardigan in Wine, was £38, now £18.

L
Xx

P.S. I also got a sample of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation which I'll be trying this weekend so check back for reviews very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment